In this article
Racetams are among the nootropics with popular groupies due to their efficacy and relatively low residual effect. Among these is Nootropics Oxiracetam, an improved version of the grandfather of nootropics Piracetam. It is a mild stimulant that helps augment learning and prevent cognitive loss. Evidence shows that it can be good for long-term use with minimal side effects.
Oxiracetam’s mechanism of action is still a riddle and there is no consensus on it. What is known is that it mimics a cholinergic ampakine, working on acetylcholine (ACh) and glutamatergic AMPA receptors. ACh is the enabler for neuroplasticity, encoding, and filing of new memories, concentration, and cognition. AMPA receptors release a stimulant-like action which is minus the usual stimulant side effects.
Oxiracetam reviews brag of mental energy, brain tuning, enhanced learning and motivation. Though there is no research on its effect on healthy young people, it is used by students to help them focus for longer without zoning out or being interrupted by outside distrait, and comprehend new and abstract theories.
Research on animals and adults with age-related cognitive constraint infers that it exacerbates learnership, focus, memory and emulates an excitant giving an escalation in brain power and moral without compromising on the quality of your sleep.
Founded in the seventies, it packs more horsepower than its predecessor, Piracetam. Oxiracetam reviews claim its help in defeating aging, suggesting it can be used to intercept Alzheimer’s and other collapses in discernment.
Rodent cases have also shown that it reverses amnesia and escalates memory giving it impetus as a nootropic. It takes about five days before showing results.
Oxiracetam has many pros and this an inexhaustible list:
- Lucidity in Memories – Among older people with dropping mental capacity, it has revived memory creation and faster speed of recall. Despite the absence of figures to support use among healthy persons, feedback and anecdotes attest to memory empowerment and hence the overuse by test-taking candidates and students taking abstruse classes.
- Erudition – Anything that strengthens your memory is a facilitator to knowledge acquisition. Moreover, data from dementia cases shows that Oxiracetam can rectify learning. These can be directly deduced from the exaggerations in thought, retention, and recall.
- Razor-sharp focus – Oxiracetam reviews indicate that users achieve a singleness of purpose and focus on a project without getting swayed by usual commotion and interference. They add that the sensation is long and homogeneous without boredom or struggle in grasping novel ideas. No wonder it is used by learners of technical nerdy courses.
- Brain buckler – Studies suggest that Oxiracetam has some kind of neuro-firewall cushioning from neuro decays like Alzheimer’s. Trials which simulated memory-impairing neurotoxins in rats showed that those treated with Oxiracetam impressively resisted the neurotoxins while those without succumbing to the toxins. Further testing, upheld that it also stabilized the blood-brain barrier fortifying against Ischemic shock.
- Tempered excitation and alertness – Oxiracetam multiplies the oxygen in your blood which results in more industriousness and enthusiasm. More oxygen means more energized without the after-crash of analeptics like caffeine.
How does it work?
Racetams charge certain nerve receptors to modulate the release of particular neurotransmitters namely glutamate and acetylcholine which are important in cognition and specifically memory and comprehension. It impels the communication between neurons in the hippocampus, the brains memory and emotions regulator, and actuates the breakdown of lipids to make D-aspartic acid. These processes cause a streamlining of neuron signals.
Perhaps the next question at this point would be on how to take Oxiracetam. As alluded to earlier, it could take 5 days before peaking, keep that in mind. For best results, it should be taken an hour before studying, a test or the activity that it needs to help in.
Adult doses should be between 1200-2400 mg daily split twice or thrice. There is no evidence supporting more efficacy of higher dosing or ingestion of single high doses. Therefore, begin low and work your way up.
The Oxiracetam duration of absorption is between one and three hours which takes eight to ten hours to exit your system. You can take it before or after meals.
It has no known incompatible interactions with other compounds and animal research presupposes that it could be advantageous in gestation.
Pramiracetam vs Oxiracetam
Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam have many similarities. Some of their stark disparities are:
- Pramiracetam is soluble in fats while Oxiracetam dissolves in water giving the former a higher rate of absorption.
- Pramiracetam may have a slight penchant for endurance but Oxiracetam tolerance is very low.
- The former is more expensive and has a stronger energy boost. It can be used on a once-off while the latter can be a daily usage nootropic.
They can be used together in a stack with greater results on alertness and mental energy.
It has generally low reactions. There is the likelihood of headaches when taken in very high doses. It also may lower choline in your system. You are encouraged to add a choline-rich diet when supplementing to avert this.
If taken later in the afternoon, it could cause insomnia but this is a rarity as well. You can discontinue using cold turkey without any serious adverse reactions.
How and where to buy
It is not scheduled as controlled and you can buy Oxiracetam online from retailers. However, you must vet your sellers and buy only from those who allow third parties to test and approve their products for purity and quality of ingredients.
The Oxiracetam experience, as deducted from Oxiracetam Reviews on Reddit and other forums, is very good. It has a good anecdotal base for heightening academic proficiency and memory. Even without scientific back up on its effectiveness on healthy humans, it commands a commendable following especially in colleges.
It also has research backing for retention of details and memory on animals and aged individuals. The moderate stimulation and neuroprotection are healthy riders for the brain too.
With neither toxicity nor serious side effects even on high doses, it blends safely with other supplements and is great for stacking with many nootropics.
If you are new in the world on nootropics and are looking for an effective and safer variant to begin your foray. This is a good place to start. It is available in small capsules for testing. Remember to allow it at least 5 days to feel the full effect.