It is often that individuals get caught in the middle of not knowing whether to go for pills or for natural remedies in regard to boosting their brain capabilities. Well, both have their advantages and disadvantages. The individual needs to be familiar with how the two produce their effects.
Pills or natural remedies
- The currently available pills produce their effects instantaneously. This means that you can take them a day or some hours before engaging in a mentally challenging task. For natural remedies, you will have to wait for days or even months before noticing any positive effects.
- It requires you to keep taking pills every time you are faced with a need for them. This can prove to be very expensive in the long run. With natural remedies, their effects accumulate over a long period of time. This means that you will need not to engage in a specific activity every time you are in need of alertness or memory retention capabilities.
- Pills are often related to health concerns. For example, you might take pills that will lead a headache and sleepless nights. It is a whole different case with natural remedies. As a matter of fact, some natural methods like yoga and healthy foods help in mitigating side effects like headaches and insomnia.
- Pills can get pretty expensive. This is especially in cases that you are constantly in need of them like when aiming to cure a developing condition. With natural remedies like dietary inclusions, you can successfully manage the total cost related to boosting your brain capabilities.
- There are few pills to choose from. That is of course if you are concerned with the health effects that might arise from the usage of such pills. With natural remedies, individuals are free to choose from a particular category.
So which one is the best to go with?
It all depends on what you want to achieve. You cannot hope to gain alertness for a certain lecture that is bound to take place the next day by taking a lot of vitamin C. for such a case; you will need to make use of pills like Modafinil. This will ensure that you stay alert the whole session.
On the other hand, you cannot hope to have your brain protected from age-related exhaustion by taking pills. Here, you will need to focus more on the particular foods you eat. For example, ensuring that you include lots of fish and nuts oils in your diets will ensure that your nerve and brain cells are protected from degradation.
It is always best to follow the advice you have been given by your doctor. Further, ensure that you familiarize yourself with how the two produces their effects. Otherwise, the desired results are always the ones to determine which will work best; pills or natural remedies.