In this article
- What does it mean to have ADHD?
There are so many problems that you may find yourself suffering from when it comes to a health issue. Any part or organ of your body can be affected and this does not seclude the brain which is one of the most important organs in the body. When you have a brain problem then everything can go wrong in your body since this is the organ which is responsible for controlling other organs in the body.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is just one of the many brain issues that you can suffer from. It is also abbreviated as ADHD and most of the doctors will not write the whole word and instead, you will find these initials being used mostly by specialists in this area. What is ADHD? Many are wondering what this condition is and how you can know you are suffering from this problem. This is a brain problem that has to do with regulation of brain functions and any other related behaviors.
What does it mean to have ADHD?
When you have ADHD then this means that you have an issue that will affect executive function skills of the brain. These functioning skills of the brain include:
- Social skills
These skills are controlled by the chemicals in the brain such as neurotransmitter and when you have this condition then the above brain functions will not function as supposed. This problem can affect anyone including men and women, young and adult can be affected by this problem. People with this problem are required to be on treatment throughout their life since it’s not easy to completely cure it.
When you have this problem, it doesn’t mean that you will suffer from all the brain functions and each person with ADHD will have a different condition that they will be dealing with. For instance, you will find those who have a memory loss problem while you will also find a person with hyperactivity problem and so on. Therefore, not every case you will come across the same and each patient has a different way they deal with the problem they have.
Signs of ADHD that you should look for when you want to know it is this disorder.
There are various signs of ADHD that are common in people who are suffering from this disorder. When you want to know that someone has a problem then it can be one of the brain function that can be affected. Therefore, it is important to know how each individual function can be manifested when it comes to each and every brain function that can be affected. Here are some of the signs that you can expect to see when you are suffering from this disorder.
Symptoms of ADHD in hyperactivity
This is a brain function which normally affects children up to the age of 16yrs. When a kid has a disorder then you can expect to see the following symptoms:
- It is common to find a kid with this condition with excessive activity.
- The kid will also be talking too much and seem only to be quiet when only asleep.
- In school, you will find those kids which would like to answer a question even before you can finish what you wanted to ask.
- Doesn’t give others a chance and all the time is the one that wants to be heard.
Symptoms of ADHD
When a person has a problem with attention in the brain then you will realize that such a person will have the following symptoms:
- If you find that a person seems not to listen when you are talking to him/her then this can be a sign of this problem.
- When you find it difficult to be attentive to a certain task then this can be a sign of ADHD.
- A person who is suffering from this disorder is easily distracted.
- When you try to avoid committing yourself to tasks that require mental focus then this can be a sign as well.
- It is common to have difficulty organizing things such as activities or even tasks.
- Failure to listen to instructions which lead to careless mistakes
Symptoms in memory
If you have this problem then you are likely to have several signs that can tell you that you have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. These symptoms include:
- Forgetting things so easily even those which you are not supposed which can include forgetting your own telephone number.
- You will find that you can forget what you have planned to do, for instance, to attend an event.
- You will also start failing in school as you can’t remember what you have been taught in school.
- You will also have mood swings that cannot be explained.
- You can also be stressed and have anxiety for no particular reason. You will find that you are always worried and this feeling will not go away until you get proper treatment such as the use of phenylpiracetam.
This is where a person would like to remain in seclusion and don’t want to interact with others. When it comes to this, the patient with this problem will like to stay alone without engaging in public activities such as hanging out with friends. Taking part in social activities such as tournaments or sporting activities. Walking alone and a problem with interacting with other people who you work with, study with etc.
What causes ADHD?
This is just like any other health problem that you might be suffering from. People who have been found to suffer from this disorder have developed this problem from different causes. So what causes ADHD is a combination of various factors which is the chemical composition as well as structural and connectivity in the brain. These are things which mostly depend on genetic factors and the differences between them could lead to a brain disorder. There are several genes that play a huge role in causing this problem and these genes affect the serotonin in the brain.
Another cause of this problem which can result in this problem includes the brain activity where you will find the structure of the brain can affect development and volume of the structure of the brain. When these things are affected then it becomes difficult for the brain to function as it is required and this, therefore, can lead to ADHD. When there is a difference of brain communication then this can lead to the development of this problem. This is where there is poor communication between different parts of the brain and therefore the different communication routes that it takes for the message to reach other parts of the brain is affected.
This will definitely affect the brain performance which can lead to the development of ADHD problem in a person. Also, another common cause of this disorder is brain chemical differences. Neurotransmitters and norepinephrine are two important chemicals that are very useful in enhancing communication in the brain. They are very useful for activating events functions. Therefore, when you have a small amount of these chemicals then this means that your brain will be affected and it will not coordinate all its functions as required. This will result in the development of this problem leading to several health issues regarding the brain.
If you find that you are showing any of the above symptoms then you know that this is a problem that requires immediate treatment. Since you understand ADHD meaning then you should know that this is a condition that can make you suffer for a very long time even though this problem can be contained through treatment using different ways.
What can you use as the medicine for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Once you find that you are suffering from this problem then you can be worried about how you can go about this. This should not be a huge worry for you since there are several medicines for ADHD that you can use depending on the exact problem you are experiencing. For instance, a person who is suffering from memory-related problem will use drugs that can effectively deal with this problem in the brain. A hyperactivity sick patient will use another kind of medication that will cure the problem even though there are medicines that can be used to cure combined type of different ADHD symptoms. However, even when seeking treatment, it’s important that you should be very careful when you are trying to get rid or contain this problem.
You should make sure that you seek proper treatment and from qualified people who have the skills and knowledge of dealing with such a problem. This problem may even require the intervention of various expert who is going to interview and examine what exactly you are suffering from. After you have been diagnosed with this problem then you will be kept under treatment that will help you get better. There are several types of treatment that can be used and in some cases, combined types of treatment can be used in the treatment of a single patient.
- Use of memory-enhancing drugs – this is where a person is required to take certain pills that can help them to suppress some of the symptoms of this problem such as memory loss and anxiety. These drugs are mostly sold with a prescription where the patient is expected to take a given dosage so that it can help to treat this condition. Examples of drugs which are used for this treatment include:
- Guanfacine HCl
- Another treatment which is used for this problem includes the use of therapy sessions where a patient is shown how they can overcome a problem through focusing in identifying the things that can prevent them from living a normal life. Mind therapy, in this case, is used to help the patient accept and understand themselves so that they can take control of their life. This treatment is done by a psychologist and other experts who are qualified to offer this kind of treatment. However, it’s important to note that even though this treatment is used in many patients, it’s important that you should know that medication is also used while undergoing therapy session to make this treatment effective.
- The other way that you can deal with this problem is through the use of natural healers such as herbs that have been identified to help in keeping the balance of the brain intact. People who have tried this treatment usually agree that this is one of the healthiest ways of dealing with this problem since best mood stabilizer does not interfere with the other organs in the body but rather only help to supply the brain with important nutrients which are required by the brain. Examples of natural healers include
- White tea extract
- Gotu kola